Thursday, September 29, 2011

All About Me

My cousin KC who I spend a lot of time watching.  By babysitting him and watching him grow, I know that I have chosen the correct profession as an Early Childhood Educator.
Hello.  I am Kayla.  I am a student at Edinboro University majoring in Early Childhood and Special Education.  I enjoy spending time with my family.  My 9 month old cousin consumes a lot of my time.  He is spoiled by his cousin Kayla, but he is the highlight of my life most days.  My mom is also very important to me.  She inspires me to strive for my goals, while always being there for me when things start to get tough. I enjoy spending time shopping, and I also spend a lot of time doing social networking.  I think technology plays a more vital role in life everyday.  Not only everyday life, but technology is also important for a perspective teacher. A goal for education is providing an inviting classroom.  This involves creating interactive lessons and focusing on the needs of the students.  A student based classroom is my objective to create after completion of my degree.  I also think it is important to acknowledge the diversity in every classroom and be able to relate to this.  As teachers, we must understand the issues that are students could be having if we want to help them through the situation.  Likewise, helping the student and providing needed support is an essential part of each teacher's position and job title. By using this blog, I would like to gain useful and helpful information and techniques for what I am going to encounter during my career that I will soon be involved in. Meeting teachers who understnad how I feel can help make the transition more comfortable and smooth.  Thus, preparing me to be a better developed educator in order to make our future generations successful individuals.

4 comments:

  1. Great start! The pink font color is hard on the eyes against a white background. Also, organize your thoughts so it is easier to read and follow. Use titles and paragraphs to separate ideas. Challenge - add a pic inside the post:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your blog, having the picture of your cousin makes it seem more personal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cousin is very cute, because of the picture it made me want to read the blog even more :)

    ReplyDelete